CCSI is searching for to contract a Project Manager to assist and oversee a Disaster Recovery Data Center migration.
The Project Manager should have information technology (IT) experience in managing data center migrations, Disaster Recovery site transitions, and operations. This experience should have been in supervising large IT services contracts, including the implementation on distributed systems, server (WIN2xxx OS) platforms and telecommunications.
The project manager will provide direct communications with and recommendations to the Infrastructure team. Coordinates project activities, plan, and schedules per task order. Maintains the project schedule and ensures that deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Provides resource planning, manages project cost control and cost projections. Ensures resources are assigned to support task and tasks are completed on time. Ensures problem resolution and customer satisfaction for task orders. Provides status and feedback, including preparing presentations and attending meetings as a participant or the host.
Project coordination activities with Infrastructure Team and Data Center Solution Architect
- Send out communications as per the Communication Plan
- Schedule Migration meetings as per the Communication Plan
- Submit Change Requests as appropriate following the Change Request Process for each application migration activity
- Verify application and server inventory for activities. Working with Migration Technical Lead as appropriate for assistance.
- Coordinate and lead testing of the critical applications after migration
- Coordinate and lead testing activities for the telecommunications network
- Coordination and communication among other infrastructure team PM’s as required
- Experience performing data center migration coordination activities
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved through a change control process
- Proactively identify project issues and risks and create successful action plans for resolving issues and mitigating risks
- Assign work and provide direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives to team members
- 15 plus years of experience managing complex and transformative IT projects such as, data center migrations, cloud computing strategies, software development, and/or infrastructure upgrades
- Must have 10+ years of Project Management Experience
- Understanding of critical healthcare applications
- Prior experience in professional services working with enterprise clients a plus
- Must have prior experience managing project team resources
- Has in-depth experience with key practices, processes and methodologies applicable to project management and engineering
- Strong business acumen, with experience working in a variety of industries and IT areas. Must have demonstrated aptitude to understand a variety of technical domains and strategies regarding opportunities, challenges, risks and business impact
- Strong facilitation skills with demonstrated experience leading scoping and design sessions, managing geographically dispersed teams and identifying and resolving team risks and conflicts
- Highly organized with proven ability to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Demonstrated experience in working in unstructured environments that required designing and implementing creative project management methodologies
- Excellent teamwork skills with a natural ability to motivate and work well with others
- Agile approach in personal work style, with ability to be flexible and adept in dealing with and resolving ambiguity
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills including creating usable documentation and tools
- PMP Certification (Required)
- Data Center Management Certified and Data Center Facility Management Certified (Highly Desired)
- ITIL v3 Certification Level Expert (Highly Desired)